HagelToast - tales from a tiny kitchen

Strange to see how a good dinner and feasting reconiles everybody. Samuel Pepys

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

eat like a viking

there where things i didn't like about the dining experiance in denmark, like paying £4 ($7) for a beer, but the food, well principally they eat meat and cheese. I was in heaven. I love Shawarma anyway, tho i didn't get the chance to indulge on this trip (it's like a doner kebab but spiced and nicer) but the burgers... ah the humble beefburger, was an exqisite gourmet experiance. different and fabulous bread such as focacia replaced the humble burger bun, and the meat (note, meat, not fat and gristle) sat nestled in a salad, not a few limp lettuce leaves but a full and proper salad, dressed with thousand island or curry dressing or garlic mayo, all fresh and delicious and, just to top it off in perfection, cheese!!!!
My mouth is watering just typing it, oh burger king, how you have cheated me, now i know the joy of a real burger!!!

4 Comments:

  • At 2:24 AM, Blogger Toni said…

    That sounds SO good!!

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger Jocelyn said…

    Here's how good your description is: I just ate four pieces of pizza, and I now really, really want a burger. Woefully, this is typical of my (not-so-small)belly.

     
  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger Malnurtured Snay said…

    $7 beer? It better make me tipsy!

     
  • At 2:54 AM, Blogger Fab said…

    Hi, just visiting. Now I know why my post caught your attention! You are a food-aficionada!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home