HagelToast - tales from a tiny kitchen

Strange to see how a good dinner and feasting reconiles everybody. Samuel Pepys

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Pizza

I love Pizza, takeaway, frozen or fresh, but I lve to make pizza too,I can't think why i didn't do it for so long.

All you need for the base is 450g flour, 1/2 pint of warmwater, yeast, and a litle salt and sugar.
So, here's the dough, one still balled and the other thoroughly kneaded



and here are the pizzas ready for the oven, i used chilli oil instead of tomato paste,


and here is one fresh from the oven


I use a blend of half and half, plain white and plain wholemeal flour, gives it abit more depth of flavour, but I found all wholemeal too heavy. This time I loaded them down with a variety of spicy sausages and chicken tikka and went easy on the cheeses (by my standards). The boys were appreciative and two large pizzas were devoured between the three of us, with much lipsmacking and little finnesse. It's quick and easy, 10mins to prepare, leave somewhere warm for half an hour for the easy bake yeast towork and the bases to rise, slap on your toppings and bake for about 20 mins at a moderate temp.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home