HagelToast - tales from a tiny kitchen

Strange to see how a good dinner and feasting reconiles everybody. Samuel Pepys

Sunday, February 19, 2006

a good days cooking


I had ago at making these yesterday.
Biscuits Chocolat et Fèves de Cacao
They were delicious. Check Clotilde's site forthe recipe and a photo of how they look when they are perfect.
http://chocolateandzucchini.com/

I alsomade my Mum's recipe for Choclate sludge, not very diet friendly, but it had to be done. Melt 110gofbutter and 4 tablespoons of golden syrupin a pan, when melted and mixed add a large bar of dark choclate (bournville is best, but any belgian dark will do)broken up. When all that is melted and mixed crumble in plain digestive biscuits, until the whole thing is quite thick. Then pour it our into a greased baking tin, let it cool and stick it in the fridge for an hour. It's thick, and chewy and delicious. I didn't take aphot coz it isn't pretty.

I also had to rustle up some supper for myself,Mark and his brother Phil. They had been working hardinthe garden so we went with simpleandfilling. I chopped up some chickenbreast and fried it with mixed herbs and minced garlic, cooked somebacon, then threw a tim of tomatoes, some basil and the cooked,diced bacon into the pan with the chicken, served with mash. Th etomato andbaconsauce is a fairly traditional pasta sauce, but it's got a good flavour and is quite versatile.

I think next post i shall give you the norfolk pheasant casserole recipe my mum uses, we get fresh pheasant from her garden and it's delicious.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger Toni said…

    I can't make that recipe, but it's sounds delicious!
    We don't have golden syrup here.
    Or digestives.

    I live in hell.

     
  • At 12:21 AM, Blogger Hageltoast said…

    lol, you could probably substitute Gram (is that right, or Graham?) Crackers for digestives, not quite the same flavour but clsoe enough. If you have treacle that would do, the point is it needs to be very sugary and very thick. Alternatively, email me your address and i shall send you some syrup. :) I cannot allow living in hell to interfere in sugary delights.

     
  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger Toni said…

    What is treacle?

    Graham crackers, I'm on that.

    I have tried that golden syrup before - when I was in Florida they had a British shop that sold it, but I'm not in Florida anymore :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home